Monday, June 18, 2018

Title: Action I 
Duration: 7' 11” 
Location: Art Center South Florida 
Date: September 2015 
Description: A performative and symbolic wrapping and unwrapping of my body in a roll of burlap.

Title: Colchonero, memory #1
Duration: 7’ 50”

Location: Art Center South Florida 
Date: September 2015 
Description: A performative dismantling of a number of soft sculptures that I had made previously. The audio for this video features a recording of feedback on the footage from a group of artists who were given the video footage to watch without any information about what they were about to see.
Title: Embodying Space
Duration: 11’52”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: October 2015
Description: a performative walk outside the studio and around the building, with an action of rolling against the wall with my head. The audio for this video features a recording of feedback on the footage from a group of artists who were given the video footage to watch without any information about what they were about to see.Embodying Space was performed in for Space Bodies a group exhibition curated by Andrea Spaziani for the Transart Institute Triennale, Uferstudios Berlin July 2016, and New York City January 2016.
Title: El juego, la materia y el ego
Duration: 11’17”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: October 2015
Description: A performative interaction with the material taken out of my soft sculptures. The audio for this video features a recording of feedback on the footage from a group of artists who were given the video footage to watch without any information about what they were about to see, there is a third channel which is myself reading my PhD proposal.
Title: Metamorphoses 1
Duration: 6”57”
Location: North Beach, Union, Senior Centre, Miami Beach, FL
Date: November 2015
Description: A participatory art experience with member of the above senior community. We created a playful environment in which I lost control of the Action by surrendering myself to the participants control, decisions and proposals. The audio was recorded from their reflections, comments and thoughts about the experience.

Title: The Tower
Duration: 6’44”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: December 2015, Art Basel week
Description:The audio of the video features several women's voices. All of them are reading a homemade bread recipe; each one in her own language. The different vocal recordings are manipulated as sound tracks, focusing on each language in turn during different moments in the chair.
The pre-recorded video is footage of me seated and reading my grandmother’s homemade bread recipe from my mother’s cookbook.

Title: Imperfect Destruction
Duration: 13’2”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: February 2016
Duration: This is the first of six encounters with the Miami Beach High internship students.
I introduced them my work, and talked about Joseph Beuys’ notion of Social Sculpture. I suggested that they could choose something from my studio to work with, including my sculptures. They decided to destroy my sculpture, using my tools, and after we discussed the experience and they gave me some instructions for the editing of the footage as well.

Title: Strings attached
Duration: 16’44”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: March 2016
Description: 

Title: Trenzadas
Duration: 7’59”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: April 2016
Description:

Title: Emotions
Duration: 10’13”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: April 2016
Description: I asked two of the students that I worked with on the previous piece to walk around my studio and pick some objects that they felt either attracted to repulsed by. During that time I left them by themselves while I went to the other studio, where we we would filming another piece I's process.When they had chosen the materials we begabbbn recording. 

Title: Plastic Waves
Duraton: 5’10”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: May 2016
Description: Their performance in this social sculpture piece is focused on their interactions with any item of their choosing from my studio. In this case, the student chose a plastic sheet. During this process nothing is pre-established except the choice of the material, the space and the camera’s point of view. 

Title: Mute
Duration: 12’10”
Location: Art Center South Forida
Date: May 2016
Description:

Title: Meeting in Progress I
Duration: 6’12”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: March 2017
Description: during this collaboration my mother and I interact with the space and a given object that was in the space by chance.. 

Title: Ella y Yo
Duration: 7’36”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: March 2017
Description: my mother and I sittingin front of a camera.

Title: Meeting in Progress II
Duration: 4’49”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: March 2017
Description: This piece is the result of the calm connectedness between my mother and me. The silence itself opened the door for us to become connected. Without words, the transformative social sculpture continued in silence.

Title: Transformacion
Duration: 4’10”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: April 2017
Description:

Title: Juntas
Duration: 1’47”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: April 2017
Description:

Title: Conectadas
Duration: 3’46”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: April 2017
Description:My mother and I working together. Things came out in a wordless dialogue. We sat, and both of us were calm and connected to one another.

Title: Pizarra blanca
Duration: 9’36”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: April 2017
Description:

Title: Expuesta
Duration: 4’5”
Location: Art Center South Florida
Date: April 2017
Description:

Title: Un abrazo
Duration: 2’12”
Location: Berlin
Date: August 2017
Description: This exploration was made in Berlin in a very busy place. The exercise of my mother and I hugging each other and being aware of and connected to the other presence made a contrast with the busy place we were in.

Title: Out of the Box
Duration: 5’22”
Location: Prinzenallee Garden, Berlin
Date: August 2017
Description: This exploration took place in Berlin in the summer of 2017, with my brother who an artist himself. Without previous discussion he took the lead once the recording started and choreographed the entire piece. 

Title: Norman
Duration: 23’7”
Location: Green Belt, Norman, Oklahoma
Date: November 2017
Description: During a trip to Norman, Oklahoma we made some explorations with my sister, being aware of the presence of the other occured spontaneously with her.

Title: Green Belt
Duration: 10’48”
Location: Green Belt, Norman, Oklahoma
November 2017
Description: In this piece my niece and my sister dogs joined us.

Title: We Play Chalkboard
Duration: 9’33”
Location: Mexico DF
Date: January 2018
Description: I used a chalkboard as an instrument to make sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment