Friday, May 8, 2015



During the PhD program my deepest intent is to develop a profound knowledge and therefore a body of work that could represent it. Utilizing the appropriate interaction with other Artists and professors I intent to do several breakthroughs during this program.
I envision an Installation that will take place in a house or a place resembling it (a real house would be best). During the installation project I will employ interventions all over the property. Throughout the opening, I am planning to set up a provocative performance. Furthermore, the interventions will be spread all over the house, including all the rooms, resembling an association between a particular room (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen etc.) with a specific state of mind. In this way, I will be approaching emotional and/or psychological issues of the female gender.
The performance: I will be moving throughout the whole house and in each room I’ll be connecting from the unconsciousness that arouses from a particular state of mind.
In a recent work, I incorporated movement inspired by Japanese Butoh reflecting the lack of consciousness about female issues, and the mental discomforting state this can likely produce.
Aesthetics: Will be demonstrated using the elements of light and sound as well as home ware and furniture after applying interventions trough the popular images appropriation.

In previous works I also intended to explore the traditional role of the female set by societal norms dictated by religious, political and social attitudes. I have used icons from the faith I am most familiar with as representative of all religions. However, I plan to use a wide variety of icons from different religions as well. In addition, I presented popular religious images of female saints and virgins juxtaposed with images of war as a metaphor for the diverse behavioral patterns set by cultural mandates that are usually unconsciously followed by each gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment